Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Long time, no post

First, my apologies for being too long between posts. 'A quiet blog is not read,' is a rule of thumb, so I'll have to improve.

This week I am at Asbury Theological Seminary taking a class called, "Emotions, Feelings, and Passion." It is a philosophical and theological exploration of emotions, feelings, and passion and their role in theology. Excellent professor for the class (Larry Wood) which makes it good.

Anyway, I have a question in mind for next week, but until then just some periodic updates and some quotes that I think are worthwhile putting down in cyberspace. Here's the first, a paraphrase from psychologist Frank Lake (any counseling people heard of him?):

"The first lie told to a person about God is when, as a baby, they are not welcomed into the world." I think some simple parallels come to mind when considering welcoming strangers into our worshiping community.

1 comment:

Aaron Perry said...

Hey, Opticalwaveguy. I am having trouble getting all that you're saying. Is this to counter the quote, support it, comment on it, or something else? You'll have to help me get your context a little more.